Table of Contents

Архитектурная фантазия
Architectural Fantasy

1 декабря - 21 сентября 2020 года 180 участников
Победитель/Winner —Diana Londono

New Geographies

  • Режим отображения
Ozair Mansoor
  • 85
  • 9

  • Поделиться

Author: Mansoor

New Geographies. This drawing depicts Karachi in the year 2100, a city that once sat on a major fault line. A colossal shift in tectonic plates has now swallowed the city into the depths of the earth. Unable to adapt, the formal development patterns that once housed about 40% of the the citys massive population have entirely disappeared. On the other hand, the informal development patterns that housed the remaining 60% continue to survive, finding new ways of appropriating a new geography - just as they did in the past. In these valleys down under, life carries on under a new parasitic relationship, demonstrating new forms of negotiations with a newly formed land. What has not changed is that they were invisible then - and they are invisible now.

Majority of the population of the major South Asian cities works in the informal economy and resides in informal settlements. Despite facilitating the formal sector and making significant contributions to both local and national economies, it remains unrecognised, unrepresented and unprotected.

Размеры рисунка или рисунков (в см) / Sizes of the Drawing/Drawings (cm): 76 x 50 cm

Drawing technique / Техника исполнения : Pen and markers on paper

Год исполнения / Year of the Drawing: 2020